We realize buying a home is a big step and not one most people do very often. Here is some basic information to get you started.
If you are still not sure where to start, please call one of on-site agent at a community you may be interested in to get you started. We will help, no obligation!
It’s actually free, fast, on-line and does not require a commitment to get a loan or which lender
You can do it free online in about 15 minutes or less
You can change your mortgage lender after this, so they can shop around for the best rates
You commit to a lender when you put a home under contract
REASONS WHY THIS IS SO USEFUL:
- This helps you determine how much you CAN get approved for
- It also helps you with thee bigger question of how much you WANT to spend
- It helps you narrow down your home search
- You may be looking at the wrong priced homes
- You may be looking in the wrong areas
- You may be missing out of special rates in certain geographical areas such as USDA 100% Financing.
- You may be looking at homes priced way below or way above what you can qualify for or what you actually want to spend every month
- The new regulations can make it take a lot longer to change your credit scores.
- Any little unknown issue “ even a $350 bill for an x-ray 5 years ago that you didn’t know about “ can take months to clear up in all three credit agencie
- You may be about to make a financial decision that will raise your mortgage rates.
- You may be about to add a family member
- You may be about to change jobs
- You may be trying to plan for capital gains taxes
- You may be buy a new car that will increase or decrease the rate you could get
- Your rate, even a fraction of a point higher, has a HUGE impact on your monthly payment
- Builder Approved Lenders usually offer an incentive to the buyer and have a long working relationship that makes it a much smoother process usually with no surprises.
Learn about approved lenders, getting pre-qualified and more
Google too vague? This is a glossary just for the mortgage industry.
Want to see how much payments are for a home?
Why Choose Chafin Awards Testimonials Shop for a New Home