Welcome to the Chafin Home Buying Journey
Getting Pre-Qualified has some advantages that most people forget or don’t think about.
Welcome to the Chafin Home Buying Journey! Getting Pre-qualified for a mortage is the first step to buying a home. You don’t go shopping without a budget. It is free, fast and you can change it later. Here are some of the advantages.
Getting Pre-qualified is one of the first steps to buying a home.
Our agents tell us they get asked all the time by home buyers, where should they start? Well, the first step REALLY is getting Pre-Qualified for a Mortgage. You can call any of our onsite agents if you have any questions.
It’s actually free, fast, on-line and does not require a commitment to get a loan
You can do it free online in about 15 minutes or less
You commit to a lender ONLY when you put a home under contract
REASONS WHY THIS IS SO USEFUL:
- This helps you determine how much you CAN get approved for
- It also helps you with thee bigger question of how much you WANT to spend
- It helps you narrow down your home search
- You may be looking at the wrong priced homes
- You may be looking in the wrong areas
- You may be missing out of special rates in certain geographical areas such as USDA 100% Financing.
- You may be looking at homes priced way below or way above what you can qualify for or what you actually want to spend every month
- The new regulations can make it take a lot longer to change your credit scores.
- Any little unknown issue “ even a $350 bill for an x-ray 5 years ago that you didn™t know about “ can take months to clear up in all three credit agencie
- You may be about to make a financial decision that will raise your mortgage rates.
- You may be about to add a family member
- You may be about to change jobs
- You may be trying to plan for capital gains taxes
- You may be buy a new car that will increase or decrease the rate you could get
- Your rate, even a fraction of a point higher, has a HUGE impact on your monthly payment
- Builder Approved Lender usually offer an incentive to the buyer and have a long working relationship that makes it a much smoother process usually with no surprises.
On to Step #2
Why Choose Chafin Communities Awards Our Mission Testimonials Shop for a New Home