Welcome to the Chafin Home Buying Journey
Getting Pre-Qualified has some advantages that most people forget or don’t think about.
Welcome to the Chafin Home Buying Journey! Getting Pre-qualified for a mortage is the first step to buying a home. You don’t go shopping without a budget. It is free, fast and you can change it later. Here are some of the advantages.
Getting Pre-qualified is one of the first steps to buying a home.
Our agents tell us they get asked all the time by home buyers, where should they start? Well, the first step REALLY is getting Pre-Qualified for a Mortgage. You can call any of our onsite agents if you have any questions.
It’s actually free, fast, on-line and does not require a commitment to get a loan or which lender
You can do it free online in about 15 minutes or less
You can change your mortgage lender after this, so they can shop around for the best rates
You commit to a lender when you put a home under contract
REASONS WHY THIS IS SO USEFUL:
- This helps you determine how much you CAN get approved for
- It also helps you with thee bigger question of how much you WANT to spend
- It helps you narrow down your home search
- You may be looking at the wrong priced homes
- You may be looking in the wrong areas
- You may be missing out of special rates in certain geographical areas such as USDA 100% Financing.
- You may be looking at homes priced way below or way above what you can qualify for or what you actually want to spend every month
- The new regulations can make it take a lot longer to change your credit scores.
- Any little unknown issue “ even a $350 bill for an x-ray 5 years ago that you didn™t know about “ can take months to clear up in all three credit agencie
- You may be about to make a financial decision that will raise your mortgage rates.
- You may be about to add a family member
- You may be about to change jobs
- You may be trying to plan for capital gains taxes
- You may be buy a new car that will increase or decrease the rate you could get
- Your rate, even a fraction of a point higher, has a HUGE impact on your monthly payment
- Builder Approved Lenders usually offer an incentive to the buyer and have a long working relationship that makes it a much smoother process usually with no surprises.
On to Step #2
Why Choose Chafin Communities Awards Our Mission Testimonials Shop for a New Home